If you are VPS/Dedicated user, you may need to enable Terminal for cPanel users. If SSH Access and terminal features are not enabled, you can enable this feature in WHM’s Feature Manager interface.
Follow the below procedure to enable Shell Access for particular user package.
- Login to WHM
- Go to Home
- Click on Packages
- Go to Feature Manager Option
- Enable Shell Access
You can refer the below procedure to enable Terminal option.
- Login to WHM
- Navigate to the “Account Functions”
- Click on the option “Manage Shell Access”
- You can enable the same by modifying the account and select the option shell access
- Search for the cPanel user in the search menu and by default, the option is selected as a disabled shell, change it to normal shell or jailed shell
Now the Terminal option will be available on the cPanel account!
You can navigate to it by login to the cPanel account. cPanel >> Home >> Advanced >> Terminal.
- Login to cPanel
- You can see the option “Terminal” under the “ADVANCED” menu
- Click the option to open the terminal
- If you are accessing the terminal for the first time, a screen will appear with a warning message
- Please click on the button proceed
- This interface provides command line access to your account on the server. You can now manage the account using CLI(Command Line Interface)
Done! You can now manage the account using CLI(Command Line Interface) from the cPanel account. Now you know How to Enable Terminal Application for particular user by using the WHM.